WordPress allows you to create a page and set it as the static homepage for your site – the first page displayed when someone visits your site. You could use an image, a video or some text as your homepage. Follow these steps.
- Create a page and name it Home.
- Add content to it (an image, video, or text). Upload or insert the image (if it is already in your media gallery). Ideal images sizes are 900 pixels wide and 600 pixels tall. Be sure to select the full size image.
Note: if you use an image between 630px and 900px wide, it may not display centered – see this comment thread for more.
- Navigate to Settings > Reading in the WordPress dashboard.
- In the Front Page Displays section select a static page.
- For front page select Home from the dropdown menu you just created.
Removing the Home page from your navigation (deprecated)
- Note: These instructions are for versions of WPFolio prior to 1.6.x)
- Find the page id number. The easiest way to do this is to preview the page and look for this format in the URL /?page_id=2 (In this case 2 is the page ID.)
- In the Pages Widget in your Navbar enter the page ID into the exclude field This will hide the page from the Navigation Bar.